My Favorite Places to go in Minneapolis
I frequently get the message "I will be in Minneapolis soon, what are some places that you recommend?", so here it goes... my favorite places to go in Minneapolis! One disclaimer, I have not been to every single place in the Twin Cities and that's why I am saying my favorite places. If you don't see your favorites on this list, comment below to and share what you love about your favorite place! Here we go, let's break it down.
Restaurants for Brunch.
This one is probably the most frequently asked question and I love it because I love brunch!
- The Copper Hen. My all-time favorite. I've been in love with The Copper Hen for years! I love the food they serve because it's basically taking all of your breakfast favs and turning it up a notch. If you love biscuits and gravy, get that! But honestly, you can't go wrong with anything on their brunch menu. Oh yeah, they have bottomless mimosas too. Can I get an AMEN?!
- Hi-Lo Diner. This place is a gem. I used to live just about a half mile away from it and that was dangerous. The diner car was transported from Pennsylvania and found its home in the Longfellow neighborhood of MPLS. My two favorite things are #1. The Gary Cooper and #2. their black-bottom banana cream pie. The Gary Cooper is one of their Hi-tops, which is a glazed donut topped with yummy things.... yes, miracles do happen. The Gary Cooper is topped with chicken strips and gravy. It is the best salty/sweet combo eva.
- Ok, so this one is in Saint Paul... Bar Brigade. I am a huge sucker for sunny-side up eggs... and they have a Croque Madame that is amaze-balls. They have a simple brunch menu but you will always find something you want. Jonah and I both agree that we love going here for brunch because we don't feel like are too full to function afterward. It's just the perfect amount of food every time.
- The Bad Waitress. A great spot for a vegetarian! They have a lot of awesome options that are vegetarian-friendly, my favorite is the OUT-OF-THIS-Earth Scramble. AND you can get a Spyhouse Caramella with whipped cream here.... you are welcome.
Restaurants for Dinner
- Italian Eatery. I have a thing for Italian food obviously 3 of 5 are Italian food. But whatevs! This place is very close to our apartment and I can't get enough of it. Get anything and it will be good.
- Red Rabbit. My favorite pizza is here, the Yukon Gold... I get it every time we come here and Jonah gets the cavatelli every time.
- Anchor Fish & Chips. Our fav place to bring friends! We love to go for dinner here and then walk over to Dangerous Man down the block for some craft beer. You obviously get the fish and chips here.
- J. Selby's. All the vegan/vegetarians... this is THE place. It's the best veggie burger I have ever had! Their whole menu seems to be inspired by awesome meat dishes but they are all vegan or vegetarian. And they have Soyclones... which is basically a blizzard but dairy free... which kinda means healthy ice cream in my book.
- Broder's Pasta Bar. We have been here for their Date Night Special which is salad + 1/2 a bottle of wine + 2 pastas for only $45. Such a good deal and such good food!
- The Bachelor Farmer Cafe. In my opinion, the best Vanilla Latte in the Twin Cities. Go on the weekend and get the Semla-- a dream of brioche and vanilla bean cream filling. OR go Monday-Wednesday and get their old-fashioned donut.
- Botany Coffee. I love this new spot! It's right by our apartment(are you noticing a theme?) and I go there all the time. There is a drink for everyone here. Great tea, espresso drinks, coffee, hot chocolate. AND the barista's are the kindest people ever.
- Spyhouse Coffee. I couldn't not put them in here! I get a caramella every time and every time it's fantastic. Consistency matters! Any location is great but if I had to pick favorites I would pick the one on Nicollet, the North Loop, and Saint Paul.
- Wesley Andrews. Very good drinks, very well made. They put a lot of pride in their process and it really shows! It's a great place to grab coffee with a friend or to set up your office for the day.